Louisville Slugger, the experts in baseball gear and equipment have a reputation for the finest quality products in the world of baseball. Another piece of product that they offer is the catcher set. The Series 7 Adult 3-piece Catcher’s Set is top of the range. Made from genuine materials that are hard enough to keep both elite and armature players safe while also being comfortable enough to wear. This Series 7 Adult 3-piece Catcher’s Set will offer the best service at an affordable price.
The adult Series 7 Adult 3-piece Catcher’s Set comes in an array of different colors that include Colombia blue/grey, Royal/grey, navy/scarlet and navy/Vegas gold. The 3 piece refers to the helmet, shin guards, and chest protector.
The helmet has certain features that help it perform perfectly under any condition. These include a chin guard that absorbs moisture leaving the equipment feeling comfortable at all times. The smooth matte finish adds to the appeal and comes in two sizes 7 1/8 and 7 ½. You are guaranteed of safety on the pitch as it meets the NOSCAE protection standards.
The shin guards are 16 inches in size and include knee padding that is removable. The knee design of the shin guard is anatomically correct meaning that it fits perfectly and feels comfortable at all times.
The chest protector is made up of light but hard material with memory foam padding. It comes in a 16-inch size and has a precision pad designed held in place by an over-the-shoulder harness.
- The helmet fits perfectly and is comfortable
- The knee design fits perfectly
- The chest protector memory foam padding works well to absorb the impact.
- The shin guards breaks easily
The National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE) is based in the United States. It is a non-profit organization that is tasked with the setting of standards for the manufacture of sporting equipment. In this way NOCSAE helps reduce and to a great extent prevent the number of injuries or death on the playing fields. To assist in coming up with the best standards, the boards are made of representatives from various professional organizations that include;
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA), professional membership of athletic trainers that also provides certification to members.
- Athletic Equipment Managers Association (A.E.M.A). This is an association of equipment managers whose task is to find new and better ways of improving sports equipment so as to promote safety in the field.
- American Football Coaches Association (AFCA). It is an association of football coaches whose main function is to set the highest standards for the profession of coaching football.
- National Athletic Equipment Re-conditioners Association (Naera). Their main function is to recondition and sometimes recertification of good quality sports equipment.
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports medicine (AOSSM) is tasked with the identifying, rehabilitating and cure of injuries retained in sports through partnerships with family physicians, physical therapists, and trainers.
- Sporting and Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) is a trade association made up of the country’s leading suppliers, retailers, and partners of sports and fitness brands.
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSS) formed in 1991 to provide primary non-surgical medical aid to sportsmen and women
- American Academy of Paediatrics (AAP) whose main role is to ensure that children and young adults are in the best physical, mental as well as social health.
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). Tasked with carrying out integrated research and providing practical as well as medical uses of sports medicine as well as exercise science.