Here’s a product that is guaranteed to keep every player in the catchers position safe during the game. The Series 5 youth 3-piece catchers set is designed with extremely strong yet amazingly light materials to help you move with ease while still keeping you safe. It comes in a range of colour combinations that include;
- Navy/ scarlet
- Scarlet/ grey
- Royal/ grey
- Black/ orange
- Black/ scarlet
- Black/ grey
- Navy/ grey
The series 5 youth 3-piece Catchers set has a variety of features that put it among top the range as a favourite of players of any skill level.
- It comes with a smooth matte finish helmet combined with a moisture absorbing chin pad ensuring you are comfortable at all times of the game regardless of the weather.
- Meets NOCSAE standards of safety to keep you well protected at all times during the game.
- A 13 inch double knee leg guards that are anatomically designed for that perfect and comfortable fit.
- A 12 inch chest protector with foam padding to absorb impact combined with an over the shoulder harness for quick and easy fit.
The series 5 youth 3-piece catchers set has a few things working for it;
- The helmet has an attractive smooth glossy finish and the moisture winking chin pad allows comfortable fit throughout the game.
- Light weight meaning it doesn’t wear you down.
- You might need to break it in after unboxing.
- The knee pads are not very hard and are prone to breakage
Catcher’s Gear Buying Guide
Among the most important positions in baseball is the catcher. If you plan to fill this position, you will need to have the right gear to help you contribute efficiently towards the success of your team. The 4 basic things that you need to have are:
- A mitt
- Chest protector
- Leg guards
The right type of catcher gear is both comfortable to wear while providing you with reliable protection.
To help you make the right decision when going out to buy a catchers gear, we’ve broken down this information into simple steps that are easy to follow:
- Catchers mittsThese are designed to offer protection to your hands and wrists when catching heaters behind the plate. They need to be robust and strong enough to keep you from getting injuries. Catcher’s mitts are designed with a closed webbing for ample protection.
- Catcher’s masksThis is a very important piece of equipment as it protects your face from fast flying baseballs. They should be easy to remove while being able to keep your face and head safe. There are two types of masks, the hockey type mask and the two piece mask. The masks also come in two different sizes which are the youth size and adult size.The hockey type mask has gained popularity in recent years due to its better protection. The youth masks are for kids under 12 years old. Adult catcher’s helmets are meant for 13 year olds and above.
- Chest protectorsThese provides protection for the chest, neck, stomach and shoulders from the wide flying pitches. In order to pick the size that best suits you, measure the length in inches from your waist up to your neck. This is the size you need to look for in a chest protector. If for example you measured 16 inches, you will need to look for a 16 size chest protector. Remember that the more expensive the chest protector, the better the quality of materials it is made from.
- Leg guardCatchers kneel for extended periods of time on the plate. This is why the leg guards need to be comfortable. In addition, they need to offer protection to your ankles, your shins as well as the knees. To select the right size, measure the length from the ankles to the middle of the knee. If it measures 12 inches, look for size 12 leg guards.