Warning: Two broken Solo 618s reported in the comments
2018 Louisville Slugger Solo 618
Hey guys its Chris with a review of the Louisville Slugger Solo 618. Another beautiful Louisville Slugger bat in the 2018 lineup.
Louisville Slugger is one of my favorite bat makers, and with the 2018 Louisville Slugger Solo 618, you can see why. The awesome design mixed with phenomenal specs makes for something you’ll really like.
I actually had a Louisville Slugger bat when I played ball and it did wonders for me. Line drives and base hits were no problem and it had a really good feel too. This is something I notice with a lot of their bats. The feel to them just makes you more confident and we all know how much confidence plays into getting hits. I see the same things in the Louisville Slugger Solo 618.
Combined with the SL Hyper aluminum material, the Louisville Slugger Solo 618 delivers a fast swing speed with a highly balanced swing weight score of (1.1), the best in the 2018 Line up. If you did not know there are two other bats in this 2018 lineup. Make sure you look at my reviews for those also.
The HL Hyper alloy also creates stiffness in the barrel for increased energy transfer, ensuring further ball flight. Dingers are all about distance so the HL Hyper alloy will bring you that extra pop to give you a better chance.
Manufactured by Louisville Slugger, the 2018 Solo 618 BBCOR Baseball Bat is an all alloy hybrid bat. It comes with a Ballistic Composite Endcap, which results in Louisville Slugger referring to it as a hybrid.
The 2018 Louisville Slugger Solo 618 bat has the fastest swing speed in the 2018 lineup. It is the perfect baseball bat for players who have a bone to pick with fastballs. It has a newly designed handle for dampening vibration keeping your hands safe from the stings of inside pitches being hit close to the handle.
Also, for better hand comfort, the 2018 Louisville Slugger Solo 618 has a lizard skin Baseball Bat grip that is wrapped around the handle. For all of you that didn’t know, Lizard Skin bat tapes might be the best custom bat tapes you can get. So since they are fully customized to this bat, you’ll be set.
The bat features a -3 bat to weight ratio and has a 2 5/8-inch diameter and a BBCOR Certification, as well as a 12-month warranty. You need a BBCOR certification to play in a lot of leagues around the states.
Other features of the Louisville Slugger Solo 618 include:
- Anti-Vibration handle that helps to reduce the sting
- Comes in different colors which include white, red, blue, black and gray
- Best balanced swing weight score of 1.1
- Aluminum alloy bat.
- Speed Ballistic Composite End Cap that increases the length of the sweet spot.
- Lizard Skins Custom Baseball Bat Grip for maximum hand comfort.
- 12-month Manufacturer warranty
- SL Hyper alloy for increased energy transfer during hits for maximum ball flight.
- -3 Length to Weight ratio.
Great pop, light swing, great feel in your hands, super durable, lasts longer than others, competitive price, to name a few things.
Being an alloy bat, the 2018 Louisville Slugger Solo 618 BBCOR Baseball Bat obviously comes will all the advantages associated with any standard baseball bat. These include their general inexpensive costs, greater durability as compared to composite bats, no break-in time and can be used when damaged simply due to the fact that they normally dent while composite bats crack. That means that this bat has a much longer life to live, which saves you money. I am a big money saver so I see this as a big opportunity.
The only major downside that I seem to find is the smaller sweet spot. That, however, does not seem to affect the performance of this brilliant bat from Louisville Slugger. Also, this means that the sweet spot is more condensed, so it is stronger and lighter.
To sum up, this is the perfect bat for someone who wants to get their bat speed up without spending a lot of money. With it being a great price, best bat distribution in its class, and a beautiful design and color this bat is a great investment for any baseball player.
Do not underestimate the HL Hyper alloy either. Trust me, this is some powerful stuff and is really durable.
Bat Selection Tips
When selecting your bat, a few things should run through your mind to help you make the best choice.
- The length of the bat. This will allow you to have a longer reach making it possible to increase the range at which you can hit the ball.
- The weight of the bat. This will depend on your own body size and preference. Larger individuals tend to prefer heavier bats for maximum power while smaller ones prefer lightweight bats that allow for faster swing speeds. It is advisable to try out a number of different bats to determine which one is best for you.
- League. Generally, all leagues have their own standards and Baseball bat requirements. Depending on which league you are playing in, you will need to check their requirements and choose within a range that is acceptable.
- The diameter of the Barrel. The standard size for youth under 12 years old is 2 ¼ inch barrel diameter while college and High School are allowed up to a maximum size of 2 5/8 inches of barrel diameter.
For another Lousiville Slugger Product click here.