This is a great product from Easton Sports Inc. The Easton bat weight comes in two main sizes the 28-ounce and the 16-ounce making them ideal for youth who will mainly use the smaller size and adults who will use the larger size. They also feature two main colors namely royal and black.
The Easton bat weight can be expected to offer a long life of service thanks to the high quality cast iron material that is covered with an high-quality vinyl helping it fit tightly on the barrel of the bat, like the Franklin bat weight.
- Comes in 28-ounces and 16-ounce sizes
- Two main colors royal and black
- Vinyl covered cast iron construction
- Easily noticeable in the grass therefore cannot be lost.
- The vinyl covering helps it hold securely on the bat barrel
- Works perfectly to add weight onto the bat making it function as expected.
- Doesn’t damage the bat at all
- Easy to put on the bat and easy to remove.
- Improves on swing speed for further ball flights
- Highly durable construction.
- Develops bat control during the actual swings.
- Great price for quality.
- The vinyl covering could damage after repetitive uses
- Could fall off thin metal bats
How to Increase Your Swinging Power
Consider the excitement of being on a plate, looking straight at the pitcher. Within a few seconds, the pitcher hurls a hard ball at almost 90 miles per hour straight at you. Standing there, within a split second you adjust and re-adjust your position hitting the ball with incredible force and sending it flying across the field. This is normally the story of well-trained batters. But how do you develop power in those swings to help achieve greater ball flight distance? Well, through continuous practice and application of the following methods.
Using heavy bats during training
This is among the most common training methods used by batters. A heavy bat helps develop those baseball specific muscles making your hands and forearms stronger. Stronger hands mean that when you finally get onto the plate, standard baseball bats feel lighter and easier to swing. Your swinging motion is also enhanced using heavier bats.
Making use of stability Ball Cable Rotations
The main purpose of this type of exercise is to enhance your core which is responsible for generating the torque for an all-powerful hit. Your stability is also greatly improved .To get through the motions of the exercise you need to follow certain steps;
- Connect a handle to a cable pulley and hold it in one of your hands, let’s say you’re right hand.
- Hold a stability ball on your chest and wrap it round with the cable.
- With your other shoulder (left) facing perpendicular to the cable unit, maintain your battling stance.
- Twisting your torso to the right do 3 sets of 9 in both directions.
Combining a heavy bat with these exercises, you will gradually notice your swinging motion and power start to increase ready to be released on the plate.