Rawlings Premium Pro Series Quick Review
The Rawlings Premium Pro Series is a group of three gloves that are made to the high standard of Rawlings. Also, the Premium Pro Series is also evident that this group of gloves is at the top of their game. This group of gloves were made with the player’s actions and movements in mind. These gloves already have a game ready feel as they are broken in 80% of the way by the manufacturer. This obviously leaves you 20%, which can easily be taken care of with a couple games or some long toss. I really like the look of these gloves with the black leather and gold laces. Now I’ll get into each glove.
The Rawlings Premium Pro Series includes a great style of infielder gloves. These mitts include a pro-H web design. This allows this glove to be used all over the diamond if you want it to. This style net is actually a mix of outfield and infield designs. The Premium Pro infielder’s glove has an open hole to the wrist, allowing for extended motion when fielding ground balls. I know a couple of guys that field, overextend their hands back so that all of the webbing is shown. Also, the 20% player break-in is a plus so that you don’t have to worry about doing too much and that it is already practically game-ready. See what this baby costs and more reviews here.
The second member of the Rawlings Premium Pro Series is, in fact, a catcher’s mitt. I know that it looks like any other catchers mitt but I’ll tell you about some features that this catchers mitt sports that are a little unique.
So to start this catchers mitt has a laceless heel and palm. If you can see where the laces stop in the picture at the bottom of the glove, that is where you put your hand in. The laceless heel and palm make it a little more comfortable for you to move your glove around freely. This is a nice touch that makes your range of motion increase, less rubbing on the skin, and just overall more comfortability. The catcher’s mitt is broken in 75% by the manufacturer so this means that you only have 25% to do. I appreciate that these gloves are already mostly broken in so you don’t waste days putting it in a steamer. Now you can just go out and throw as soon as you get it! Go look at the pricing details here.
First Base Mitt
Getting right into this one, it has a lot of the features that the infielder’s glove has. One of the similarities is that it has an open wrist hole, giving more range of motion when stretching for a bad throw, or getting in scooping position. Like all of the gloves in this series, there is a laceless wrist and palm, really just to give the player more comfort. I really like that and know that it’ll make a big difference on how the glove feels on you, which ultimately changes how you play.
This mitt has a 12.5″ length on it, which I believe is the ideal length for first base mitts. This is all dependant on how you play and how you want your glove, I’m just saying that this is a good average length. Overall I really like this first base mitt and really recommend it to anyone that wants a really good overall mitt. Check out the price and more reviews here.