Yet another new one from Louisville Slugger. The 2018 Omaha 518 (-3) BBCOR Baseball bat is expected to bring high-quality performance while maintaining its traditional feel for that exciting baseball experience.
The bat is created from the ST 7U1+ Alloy. This means it has a large sweet spot and a traditional rigid feel to it, able to produce great pop. It comes with a balance weight score of 2.3 owing to the Six-Star Premium end cap which extends the length of the barrel. With it comes the custom grip (Lizard Skins) Grip that reduces the negative vibrations caused by a mishit keeping your hands safe.
The 2018 Omaha 518 (-3) BBCOR Baseball Bat has a 2 and 5/8” Barrel diameter and a drop 3 length to weight ratio. This bat has a similar design to the 2017 Combat Maxum. It comes with a 12-month warranty and BBCOR Certification for College and High School approvals. Other features of the bat include:
- A 2.3 balanced swing to weight score.
- BBCOR Certification for High school and collegiate approval.
- Durability and guaranteed long term performance.
- -3 Length to Weight ratio.
- Complete alloy based baseball bat.
- 6-star Premium Performance End Cap for efficient balance.
- Hand comfort with the Custom Lizard Skins Baseball Bat Grip
- 12-month warranty
- Different colors including Red, Black, and Grey.
With this bat, the manufacturer’s name should be enough to judge the quality of the baseball bat even without first laying your hands on it. Louisville Slugger is the top creator of Major league baseball bats and these guys have around for a long time. Being in the Industry for more than 130 years, you can trust that they know a thing or two about making the best bats for a great game.
Also referred to as metal bats or aluminum bats, Alloy Baseball bats have been around for longer than any other type of bat. The 2018 Omaha 518 (-3) Baseball Bat comes with all the benefits of alloy bats. These include durability, great pop during hits and extended lifespan due to the fact that they can be used even while dented. They offer among the fastest swing speeds and are light weight compared to composite baseball bats.
For young players, choosing the right bat can have a significant effect on their development into professional Baseball stars. For starters, the wrong size could result in developing the wrong habits such as swinging the wrong way and this can be hard to let go of when they are older.
There are 3 main ways of choosing the right length of the Baseball bat for your youth;
- While standing straight, if the baseball bat touches the center of their palms when place next to them on their side, then that is the right length.
- By placing the bottom of the baseball bat on their chest, if the youth can hold the barrel of the bat with their outstretched arm then that is the right length
- By placing the bottom of the bat in the center of the chest and holding the bat and the arms parallel to the side, if they can touch the end of the barrel with their fingertips then that is the right length.